Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lots of Birds


This morning is very cool after three warmish days. The birds are as sensitive to the weather as I am. They showed up in multitudes today. My new heated birdbath draws in the bluebirds. So this morning I sat at the breakfast table watching the birds and drawing small designs that I could turn into appliques to put onto bags. I have so many small scraps of wool, I never throw away a wool fiber....I grabbed wire and wire cutters and started shaping legs to make three dimensional birds. I will try antique lace for wings for the spring birds made of light yellow. They will look a little like chicks. I will post a picture as soon as I "hatch" one. In the meantime I am posting a picture of my first needle felted three dimensional bird, a bluebird of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment